10 Best Beginners Telescopes Consumer Guides 2023 [Reviews]
There are many different types of telescopes. Some are more suitable to use by professional astronomists and some are made for beginners. A beginner’s telescope is ideal for the beginner telescopes because it is designed to make it easy to use and does not have complicated functions. In this consumer guide, our team has come up with 10 best-selling beginners telescopes that we think will fit a wide array of needs.
Best Beginners Telescopes – [Reviews & Buying Guide]
1. Gskyer Refracting Telescope
Let’s start with a beginner telescope from Gskyer Store. This product has a high transmission coating on its optic glass lens that could protect your eye and create a beautiful image as well. This one is suitable for astronomers who like to explore the moon, sun, or stars. It includes one 2x Barlow lens, two replaceable eyepieces, and 3x Barlow lens trebles.
To make it easier for users to locate objects more easily, this one is made with cross hairlines and mounting brackets with a 5×24 finder scope. There is a wireless camera remote which the user can use to take a picture while exploring the star. Users can adjust the tripod to many different angles. It also offers a carry bag which both tripod and telescope could fit in it. It also includes one phone adapter.
- Includes a carry bag which makes it convenient for users to carry the telescope around
- Wireless camera remote that can be used to capture the picture
- The tripod is designed to be adjustable
- Protect users eye as its optic glass lens is fully coated
2. Stilnend Adjustable Beginners Telescope
Another beginner telescope is from Stilnend. This product has an excellent quality optic as it features a 70 mm aperture and 500 mm focal length. This optic glass lens has been coated by a high transmission coating that could protect users’ eyes as well as provide exquisite views. This product is suitable for the astronomer who likes to look or explore the moon or stars.
To make it easy for the user to move or carry the telescope, it provides one carry bag to users. Not only the telescope could fit in the carry bag but it still has enough space for the tripod too. The tripod is made of aluminum alloy and it is adjustable which user can alter it to their liking. This product is perfect to use as a gift for beginner astronomers or kids on birthday parties or Christmas days.
- Perfect to use as a gift for children or beginner astronomists
- Package includes one 3x Barlow lens, two replaceable eyepieces, and 3x Barlow lens trebles
- The objective lens is 70 mm which make the image get clearer and bigger
- Tripod can alter into many different angles
3. Celestron Portable Telescope
Next, we have a beginner telescope from Celestron Store. This product features 400 lengths and a 5.11 focal ratio. The frame of this product is lightweight and it has fully coated optics that protect the user’s eyes by delivering about 99 percent of light transmission. There are two top-grade eyepieces which are 200 mm and 10 mm and those two eyepieces offer high power views and low power views of the terrestrial objects or celestial objects at night and during the days.
The telescope has a 70 mm objective lens that provides brighter views although it is a little heavier than the 50 mm model. It is very easy to use as users can set it up quickly. It also provides a tripod that can be adjusted. It comes with one backpack. After purchasing this product, users can also access the company software.
- Unlimited access to the technical team and the company provides a two years’ warranty
- Can access the company’s provided software program
- Two top-grade eyepieces that ensure it provides a clear view during the day and at night
- 70 mm aperture lens that offers a brighter view and adds only a little weight
4. TELMU 70mm Refracting Telescope
One of the best beginner telescopes is also from Telmu. The objective lens of this product is 70 millimeters which zoom in objects that are located up far in the sky and still offer a clear image. Users also do not worry that it would affect their eyes because the optics glass lens is designed to be fully optics which not only creates a stunning image for users but will also protect your eyes.
For those who are astronomists or people who like looking at the star, this product is ideal for you. It also provides a two-year warranty and a satisfaction warranty. This product is alterable which can be adjusted from 17.7 inches to 35.4 inches.
- Can change into many observation positions and the tripod is still steady and stable
- Easy to operate and no additional tool is needed for novice or refractor telescope
- Comes with tow replicable eyepieces
- Provides satisfaction warranty and two years’ guarantee
5. ToyerBee Store
Another top beginner telescope is from ToyerBee Store. This product offers two eyepieces and three Barlow lenses that are H20 mm and h6mm that are suitable for adults or teenagers. For children, they could get the magnification of 15x and 150x. This product is suitable for children, beginner astronomers, and experienced astronomers. This item is constructed to have a 300 mm focal and a high aperture of 70 mm that offers a clearer image.
Compared to other regular products that have a smaller aperture, this one offers a clearer image and a larger field of vision. This product includes one adapter. There is one wireless camera remote that when users see a stunning image, they can immediately take a picture of that image.
- Require to assemble but instruction and video installation guidelines have been provided
- Can be used by children, astronomer beginner, and experienced astronomer
- Comes with a three years warranty
- Package includes one smartphone adapter
6. MaxUs Beginner Telescope
Another lovely beginner telescope on the market is from MaxUSee Store. This product is lightweight that is portable and easy to carry with you. Whether users want to observe the star, planet, or moon, this product is the best telescope for beginners, astronomers and kids. This one is made of high-quality optics which provides crisp and clearer images and offers a brighter view. In addition, this one has a 400 mm focal length and 5x 18 finder scope that makes it easier for users to identify or locate the object or stars.
The telescope package includes three interchangeable eyepieces which are H20 mm, H12.5, and H6 mm. It needs to be assembled but it is not hard to set it up because there is a quick start guide that could help you install it quickly.
- Comes with three interchangeable eyepieces which are H20mm, H12.5 mm, and H6 mm
- The focal length of 400 mm helps the user to find the object fast
- Includes a compass and moon mirror
- Provides more light and offers clearer and crisp images
7. OYS Adult Telescope
Now, let’s look at this beginner telescope from OYS. Users will get to see a beautiful and stunning image as it has a large aperture of 70mm and a focal length of 400 mm. This product also offers more light which provides a brighter view so that it is more convenient for users to look at the object in the sky. This product comes with two telescope eyepieces which are K9 mm and K20 mm.
As for objects detection, the telescope is designed to have a 5×24 finder scope prism. This product is perfect for traveling as it is lightweight, portable and it is also easy to set up as well. Users can adjust this product at any different angle they want because it is an alterable tripod.
- Perfect to use as a gift for beginner astronomer and kids
- Backed by a satisfaction warranty
- Lightweight and portable which is perfect for traveling
- Can be adjusted to any different angle
8. Discover with Dr.Cool
Next, we have a much-loved telescope from Discover with Dr.Cool. This product could allow users to observe or look at the stars or moon in great detail and it is a perfect gift for both boys and girls that like the moon, space, or astronomy.
This product is designed to have low power, finder scope, and high power eyepieces that make it easy for users to locate the object and also inspect the moon in incredible detail. You can do that by zooming in at a close view. This product comes with a tabletop tripod. This product is very easy to use and assemble. It is ideal for beginner astronomy, scientists, kids, or parents that enjoy looking at the moon.
- It is a finder scope that makes it easier for users to locate objects
- Low power and high power eyepieces that offer a clearer image
- Easy to carry around as it weighs 2.3 pounds
- A tabletop tripod that is very strong and stable even if it were to place on uneven land or ground.
9. ECOOPRO Adjustable Telescope
The next beginner’s telescope that we should not miss out on is ECCOOPRO. This product comes with an adjustable tripod. The adjustable tripod also allows users to modify or alter the angle of the telescope. This product has a 70 mm aperture construction that provides a clear image and is perfect to use during the daytime such as look at the scenery, viewing wildlife, or observe the star, moon at night. It is very easy to set it up and it does not need extra tools.
No matter if users use it at night or daytime, it is very easy to locate the objects that users want to look at because it has a finder scope. There are two 1.25 inches eyepieces such as K10mm and K25 mm.
- 360 mm focal length that offers a crisp and clearer image
- No extra tool needed to set it up
- Suitable for beginner astronomy and kids
- Build-in finder scope that makes it easier for users to find the objects
10. Free Soldier Telescope for Travel
Last but not least, we have a beginner’s telescope from Free Soldier. This product is made to have two eyepieces and a Barlow lens and its magnification is between 15x to 150 x. To make it easier for beginner users to find objects easier, this telescope is designed to have 5×24 finder scope. This product is perfect to use as a gift for kids and beginner astronomy.
This item is built in a 70 mm aperture that provides a bright and clear image. In addition, the lens is also fully optic which will protect the user’s eyes. Another feature is that it is full resolution and has excellent transmittance.
- Offers a carry bag so that users can place all accessories and telescope in it
- Comes one wireless remote and smartphone adapter
- Ideal to use during the day and night
- A fully coated lens that will protect the user’s eyes
Buying Guide How to Choose The Best Beginners Telescope
If you are still puzzled about which telescope to choose, let us assist you further. Here are some tips you should look into when buying beginner’s telescopes.
Sometimes when users observe the moon or stars and see a beautiful view, they want to instantly take pictures. But the regular camera or smartphone camera might not be able to capture that picture clearly. That is why you should find the product that has a wireless remote so that they could capture the image through the telescope and then transfer the image to other devices such as smartphones or laptop later.
We might not want to hold or carry the telescope all the time as it is tiring. That is why users should find the one that offers a tripod so that users could peacefully enjoy the view. Moreover, it would be even better if the tripod is adjustable and can modify any different angle.
When choosing a telescope, users first have to look at whether it has a large aperture or not. It should have at least 50 mm apertures. The larger aperture, the better it is. The larger it is, the brighter and clearer that the telescope provides.
Trying to find each object that users want to find is not easy since the sky is big and the object is also farther from one another. Therefore, to make it easier for users to find or locate the object that they want to find, the product should be built in a finder scope.
There is a lot of equipment that needs to be used to observe the stars or moon such as a telescope, trip pod, and more, and users won’t be able to hold it all together by using their hands. That is why the product package should offer a carry bag so that it is more convenient for users to carry all the equipment around.
Users don’t want a product that is too heavy that is hard and tiring to carry with them. Thus, one of the features that users should pay close attention to is the weight. The one that you plan to purchase should be lightweight so that it would be easy for you to take it with you.
Although there are plenty of telescopes available today, getting one can be a tough job if you are an inexperienced user. We hope you find the beginner telescope reviews above beneficial for your decision-making process. Thank you for checking us out.