10 Best Home Security Camera Systems Consumer Guides 2023 [Reviews]
A home security camera system can keep your house secure and safe when you are away. However, how to choose a camera system that is 100% “secure”? Well, to help solve your problems, we have come up with ten home security camera systems that are chosen based on our Consumer Guide. Make sure that you go through each of them carefully before you get to the final shopping decision.
Best Home Security Camera Systems – [Reviews & Buying Guide]
1. YI Home 1080P Camera 4 Pcs
First of all, we have a home security camera system from YI. This system includes 4 pieces of cameras, which provide a full HD record on a 24/7 basis. The lens features a wide-angle of 112 degrees, and it also automatically traps audio to save in the system. When it comes to a low light environment, it is equipped with infrared LEDs to help visibility at night.
If there is an emergency motion detected, the system also collaborates with police, fire, and other agencies to handle the situation. It can be connected with YI App for up to 5 members to view the live recording.
- Comes with 4 camera pcs.
- 24/7 recording, F/2.0 aperture and 1080p/15fbs.
- Features activity alerts and emergency response services.
- Connectable with 5 family members using the YI Home app.
2. Hemivision Home Security Camera System
The home security camera system from Hemivision allows you to simply plug and play. This system features an easy setup, and it can be paired with an NVR system. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications with the waterproof feature. For night vision, the distance is measured up to 65 feet away.
It also includes a motion detection function with notifications sent to your smartphone if any motion is detected. The remote access function supports mobile, tablets, and PC. In this set, you will get an NVR and 4 IP cameras that are connected wirelessly.
- Comes with 1 NVR channel and 4 IP cameras.
- Suitable for day and night visions; up to 65 feet visible at night.
- Detects motion and sends out email alerts.
- Accessible from remote control using the IP Pro app on phones.
3. Goowls Security Camera 1080P Outdoor
Goowls is also a great option to consider. This home security camera system provides a high resolution of 1080p, and it is ideal for outdoor security. It is able to pan or tilt for 360 degrees, and it can be set up very easily. The viewing angle can be set for either horizontal or vertical directions. There is a smart technology to detect motions and send notifications to the phone immediately.
Moreover, there is a cloud storage option for you to store the recordings if you want to keep them for security purposes. In terms of the audio, it is two-way, and it can be shared among various family members to keep the house secure.
- Suitable for outdoor purposes with dustproof and waterproof protection.
- Able to tilt and rotate both horizontally and vertically.
- Enables two-way audio and multiple views simultaneously.
- Supports both SD card and cloud service for storage.
4. Hiseeu Home Security Camera with 1TB Hard Drive
Now, we would like to introduce you to this home security camera system from Hiseeu. This camera system provides a high video quality with a relatively low bit rate. The system will deliver a smooth video without any bandwidth issues. Moreover, in this one set, there is an 8-channel NVR along with 4 camera pieces.
Yet, the system is still expandable for more cameras to be installed. Users can monitor the home camera from anytime and anywhere they prefer. Both iOS and Android systems can integrate this connection for remote views. Even after the purchase, users will get to enjoy unlimited after-sale service.
- Set includes 1 NVR channel and 4 camera pieces.
- Enables remote control using EseeCloud free app.
- Provides HD video with a wide viewing angle of 78 degrees.
- Up to 65 feet for night vision.
5. Blink Weatherproof Security Camera
Let’s take a look at this Blink Outdoor version of home security systems. This home security camera system is powered by a battery, and it is suitable for both daytime and nighttime monitors. The battery life is long-lasting, which can go up to 2 years at the maximum. It is ideal for all outdoor weathers, including raining and snowing.
There is also a motion detection function, which is responsible for sending out an alert when there is an unusual motion detected. Moreover, there is two-way audio, allowing you to speak to visitors with convenience. The setup is very easy as it takes only minutes to accomplish.
- Powered by AA lithium batteries which last for 2 years.
- Get alerts when motion is detected in the motion zone.
- Enables two-way audio using the Blink app.
- Compatible with Alexa for voice command function.
6. XVIM Surveillance Camera with Night Vision
The security camera system from XVIM comes with hard drive storage of 1TB. The hard drive is preinstalled for you so that it is ready to record the videos. It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor applications with a weatherproof function. The monitor process can be done on a 24/7 basis, and it is suitable for both day and night times. You can request remote access using the free app on the smartphone. The app supports both iOS and Android systems. There is a money-back warranty within 30 days after the purchase.
- Comes with 4 camera pieces and a 1TB hard drive.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor purposes with weatherproof protection.
- Monitors on a 24/7 basis using a mobile app.
- 1080p HD resolution with 2.0 megapixels.
7. ANRAN 1TB Home Security Camera System
This home security camera from ANRAN comes with a set of 4 pieces. The camera system is ideal for both day and night visions since the images are clear. During the night, the vision range is measured for up to 65 feet. There is also a weatherproof function to ensure that the camera can stay outdoors.
It enables remote access using a free app on iPhone and Android. The motion detection function will be sent out an alert to the mobile app once there is a motion detected in the zone. The recordings can be stored in a hard drive with 1TB storage.
- Integrates 4 pieces of cameras into the system.
- Supports night and day visions for 65 feet away.
- Provides quick remote access using a mobile app.
- Includes a 1TB hard drive for storage.
8. MASCARRY 1080P Surveillance Camera with 2-way Audio
If you are looking for a home security camera with long battery life, consider this one from MASCARRY. This home security camera can last for 2 – 5 months if you fully charge the battery. It is built-in with a motion sensor to react to only mammals. This ensures that the notification is accurate in a timely manner. Moreover, it supports a two-way conversation with a microphone supported.
The video quality is high with 1080- HD resolution. Even the viewing angle is as large as 130 degrees. For the app, it is very easy to install, and users can ready with the remote control within minutes only.
- Based on rechargeable batteries; last for 5 months max.
- Motion detection for mammals only.
- Offers full HD resolution and night vision.
- Provides app installation on mobile phones for remote access.
9. Eufy Home Security Camera System
Let’s turn to the home security camera system from Eufy. This one provides a live stream in a full 1080p resolution. This allows you to see a crystal clear video of what is happening in the house. The battery of the camera enables users to enjoy up to 365 days in a year within only one charge.
Even the night vision of this camera is advanced. You will see all the details even if the lighting condition is low. Moreover, it is suitable for all the weather conditions as you place it outdoors. The camera is built to withstand even the toughest weather elements.
- Battery-powered for one-year long.
- Offers 1080p HD resolution for both day and night time.
- Suitable for any weather elements.
- Comes with no hidden cost after the purchase.
10. Victure Indoor Camera with Baby Security System
The home security camera system from Victure supports 1080p HD resolution. It comes with a great quality including night vision. Moreover, the camera supports an instant motion detection function, which sends an immediate notification to your device. There is two-way audio with a 48dB microphone. It enables you to talk to the visitors to your home even if you are not at home. For the storage of the recordings, it allows both an SD card and cloud service. The cloud service is free for the first month of usage.
- Provides 1080p HD resolution and clear night vision.
- Features an instant motion detection function.
- Includes a microphone with two-way audio.
- Supports both cloud storage and SD card.
Buying Guide Home Security Camera Systems
Getting the right home security camera system is essential because it is directly associated with the security of the house. In this regard, there are many features to evaluate before reaching the final conclusion. Below are some considerations that can help you shorten the research and evaluation period as you go along the way.
The number of cameras:
Usually, the home security camera system comes with an 8-channel NVR. The number of cameras included in one set can vary from 1 to 4. This fully depends on the area that you need to monitor and your personal security demand. For some systems, you can always add more cameras later on. However, it would be more cost-effective if you choose the right number of cameras in the first place.
The video quality is the most important part of a home security camera system. Nowadays, the most ideal video quality is 1080p HD resolution which enables users to see clearly for up to 60 – 70 feet. This HD resolution should be applied to both daytime and night time even though the lighting condition is poor.
The ideal function for audio is two-way audio, meaning that users are able to communicate with visitors when they arrive at the door. This is extremely convenient for users when they are far away from home.
It would be helpful if the home security camera system comes with a motion detection function. This function allows users to set up a motion area where you want to be notified once there is a movement detected. The notification will be sent directly to the smartphone so that users know immediately if there is a danger in the house.
No one would want to spend a lot of time on the installation. Therefore, the system should allow users to set up on their own within minutes only. This saves users from hiring an additional talent to just get the security camera set up.
If you want to use the camera system outdoors, make sure that it is weatherproof, meaning that it is resistant to water, rain and other harsh elements.
In short, we have just sifted through the 10 home security camera systems. We hope that our suggested camera systems will help you reinforce the security of your own home. Please reach out to us if you have any further questions.