10 Best Portable Greenhouses Consumer Guides 2023 [Reviews]
Portable greenhouses protect seedlings and plants from the elements of climate and weather. They are great for fresh vegetables, sprouting plants, and blooming flowers. Since they are portable, you can easily move them around for storage when the season starts to change or transport. What’s even better, these greenhouses tend to be spacious inside despite being portable. They are also very easy to set up. Well, if you are looking for one, the following Consumer Guide are for you.
Best Portable Greenhouses – [Reviews & Buying Guide]
1. Quictent Upgraded Portable Greenhouse, 20’x10’x7’
Each side of the Quictent Greenhouse features a mesh door. One of these doors is to keep small animals at bay as well as to make sure the greenhouse is well ventilated during hot days. Another door, which is PE cover door, is to keep the greenhouse warm. Both of these doors have independent zippers.
Well, these zippers make the doors easy to use as well as improving the functionality of the greenhouse. These doors also feature 2 vents plus there are 8 more on the upper part of the greenhouse. In total, the greenhouse has 10 vents for cross ventilation as well as venting. A 1-year warranty is provided to protect all poles from damage, while the cover is covered by a 6-month warranty.
- U-type stakes help minimize wind obstruction
- Windows feature all-sided Velcro system to keep the greenhouse air-locked
- Windows also feature gauze mesh to keep animals out during venting
- Transparent, 100-percent waterproof cover lets in up to 85-percent of sunlight
2. Stream Greenhouse for Plant Outdoor – 56.3L x 28.7W x 76.8H
Stream Greenhouse measures 56.3 inches long by 28.7 inches wide by 76.8 inches high. It is well-sized and ideal for use on balconies, gardens, patios, and decks. It makes gardening more enjoyable by making sure you have an easy time growing and tending to your plants.
It provides both UV and waterproof protection. By so doing, this greenhouse creates a perfect environment to grow plants. Although it is advertised as suitable for outdoor use, the greenhouse can also be used indoors. It is ideal for starting seedlings, extending the plant growing season, and protecting young plants. Besides, the greenhouse comes with anchors and ropes that securely fix it to the ground to make it more stable.
- Heavy-duty steel is powder-coated for superior durability
- Heavy-duty bearing net on each layer holds lots of seed trays
- High-quality and heavy-duty plastic connectors help make setup a breeze
- Sturdy steel pipes make assembly a walk in the park
3. EAGLE PEAK Portable Walk-in Greenhouse Instant Pop-Up – 8’ x 6’
EAGLE PEAK Walk-in Greenhouse boasts well-thought-out easy setup technology that allows you to set it up in seconds. Unlike most collapsible greenhouses that feature multi-piece frames, the EAGLE PEAK Instant Pop-up comes ready right out of the box. When it is to transport or store it, simply glide it closed.
No tools or assembly is required when it comes to this instant pop-up. The frame is pre-assembled, and this makes the greenhouse extremely convenient to use. What’s more, this greenhouse is ideal for both outdoor and indoor use. This means you can use it to extend the growing period of your plants. The floor space is 6’ by 8’. It is large enough to make sure your freedom of movement is not compromised.
- 3-height adjustable legs offer additional headroom
- 2 zippered walls allow easy access on either side
- Steel-ceiling roof makes the construction of the greenhouse rigid
- Mesh-reinforced fabric walls will last longer
4. Ohuhu Mini Greenhouse for Outdoor & Indoor, 1.5 x 2.25 x 5.25 FT
Ohuhu Greenhouse creates the perfect space for your plants to thrive. It is ideal for growing young plants and flowers as well as starting seedlings. You can also use it to extend plant growing seasons. Additionally, this greenhouse features steel tubes that are supported with a 23.4-pound weight capacity.
This makes the steel tubes strong enough to hold plants growth lights, pots, and seed trays. Ideally, the greenhouse is suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications. That being said, you can set it up on your deck, balcony, patio, or garden. All the parts it comes with are detachable to allow you to set it up within a cinch. Detachable parts also make the greenhouse easy to move when seasons shift.
- 4 steel wire shelves provide a nice place for fresh vegetables, sprouting plants, and blooming flowers
- Steel tubes are heavy-duty to provide superior durability
- Zippered roll-up door allows easy access
- Screened ventilation provides optimum circulation of air
5. Nova Microdermabrasion Mini Walk-in Greenhouse
Nova Microdermabrasion Greenhouse comes with anchors and ropes. These anchors and ropes help fix it to the ground securely to make it more stable and capable of withstanding snow, wind, and rain. The greenhouse is perfect for gardens, decks, balconies, and patios. Its overall dimensions are 57 inches long by 57 inches wide by 77 inches high.
It is very large and can be set up either indoors or outdoors. What’s more, this walk-in greenhouse is very easy to assemble and you will not need any tools to do that. You will be able to put it together in no time and then start planting flowers and plants. It is built with a high-quality metal frame, which, in turn, is powder coated for unparalleled durability.
- Clear PE cover is waterproof and protects plants from pests or frost while letting in sunlight
- Walk-in style makes it easy to feed and water plants
- Zippered roll-up door ensures better ventilation
- 8 shelves create enough room for plants, flowers, herbs, or vegetables
6. VIVOSUN Portable Greenhouse with Roll-up Large Door
The overall dimensions of the VIVOSUN Greenhouse are 94.5 by 36 by 36 inches. The greenhouse has a long-tunneled design that makes it easy to access plants. Needless to say, it is ideal for the production of flowers, vegetables, fruits, and any plant that requires special temperature conditions.
What’s more, ventilation and temperature control in this greenhouse are perfect. The greenhouse is also very sturdy and firm. Having said that, expect it to stand the test of time. All the accessories needed to set up the greenhouse are available. Better yet, no tools are needed to set it up. Since the greenhouse is portable, you can easily transport or store it when the season starts to change.
- 3 large zippered roll-up entrances offer easy access to the greenhouse
- Double-stranded edge banding makes the cover tougher and more durable
- PE guard cover keeps harmful UV and bad weather at bay
- Heavy-duty steel frame is powder-coated and supports the greenhouse nicely
7. Gosunny Deluxe Walk in Outdoor Plant Greenhouse
Gosunny Walk-in Greenhouse is produced in many different colors to make sure there is something for everyone. These colors are Green & Window Version, Green, White, and White & Window Version. The greenhouse is also nicely sized and measures 56 by 56 by 77 inches. It is spacious enough to accommodate anything you want to plant.
So, whether you want to plant flowers, vegetables, or plants, this is the greenhouse to go for. Four stakes and four ropes are included to secure the greenhouse and make sure it does not get blown away by the wind. During cold winter, you can place the greenhouse indoors and, during hot summer, you can place it outdoors.
- 12 wired shelves (6 on each side) provide plenty of space for plants
- Heavy-duty steel frame is powder-coated and makes the greenhouse incredibly strong
- Reinforced PE cover is strong and durable
- Walk-in style and zippered roll-up door allow easy access
8. CO-Z Lean to Greenhouse Walk in, 3.3 x 6.6 x 7.0 Feet
CO-Z Walk-in Greenhouse weighs 18 pounds only. It is extremely easy to carry around for seasonal use. What’s even better, the portability of this greenhouse does not compromise its ability to hold a reasonable number of plants. Measuring 3.3 feet long by 6.6 feet wide by 7.0 feet high, this greenhouse is large enough to provide a nice place for sprouting plants, blooming flowers, and fresh vegetables.
It comes with 4 stakes and 4 ropes to secure it to the ground and make sure it is not blown away by the wind. It also comes with plastic connectors that make it extremely easy to assemble. Assembly is minimal and you will be able to do it in no time.
- Zippered roll-up entrance makes accessing the greenhouse a no-brainer
- Rust-resistant tubes are very durable
- Wired shelves provide ample place to store plants
- Walk-in design ensures maximum convenience
9. LINLUX Portable Walk-in Plant Greenhouse
To keep the LINLUX Plant Hot House stable and sturdy, it is advisable that you tie the cover to the frame. The greenhouse is portable, and, therefore, easy to transport and store. Portability makes it perfect for seasonal use. The greenhouse is also very easy to assemble with no tools required.
Moreover, it measures 57 inches long by 57 inches wide by 77 inches high. It is nicely sized despite being portable. It is also designed with convenience in mind in the sense that you can set it up on the patio, deck, balcony, or garden. The walk-in design offers optimum ventilation and enough growing space for large-sized plants.
- 3-tiered 12 shelves hold enough plants and gardening tools, among others
- Zippered roll-up door allows easy access
- Screened ventilation provides optimum air circulation
- PE cover is 100-percent waterproof and provides protection against UV
10. FDW Greenhouse for Outdoors L10’xW6.42’xH6.33’
FDW Portable Hot House comes with all the necessary tools and hardware. Instructions are also provided to make sure you experience no problems setting up the greenhouse. Assembly takes around 10 – 20 minutes, assuming it is done by 2 people. Once set up, the greenhouse is great for planting herbs and even tomatoes.
It helps extend the growing season of plants regardless of where you live. It measures 118.11 by 77.17 by 75.98 inches. Moreover, the materials this greenhouse is made of are of good quality. They include metal, alloy steel, plastic, and polyethylene. With them, the hot house easily stands up to extreme weather conditions. The greenhouse is suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Steel frame is powder-coated and resistant to rust
- PE fabric is strong and provides adequate protection
- Tunnel design provides ventilation and ample growing space for large-sized plants
- Portable design makes the greenhouse easy to move
Buying Guide for the Best Portable Hothouse
In this section, we bring you a comprehensive guide on what to look for before buying a portable green house. There are lots of them on the market; hence, you can have a pretty tough time deciding which one is suitable for your needs. So, without further ado, let’s check out the aforementioned factors.
One of the reasons why you are buying a portable hothouse is that you do not want something that is overly big and will take up a huge amount of space. With that said, go for a reasonably sized greenhouse that is portable yet still provides sufficient space for plants.
The material used to make a portable green house should be quality. For example, if it is a metal frame then it should be powder-coated to wade off rust and last longer. It should also be heavy-duty to keep the greenhouse stable. Ideally, the cover of your hot house should be 100-percent waterproof as well as able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
Ease of Assembly
Since you are highly unlikely to use your greenhouse in one place, you should consider choosing something that is easy to assemble. What we mean by this is a hot house that requires no tools for assembly. Also, if possible, go for a green house that comes with instructions on how to put it together.
A portable greenhouse will provide you with the opportunity to keep growing your favorite plants even when the season is unfavorable. What’s more, most of them are ideal for indoor and outdoor use. That being said, you can set them up on your patio, deck, garden, etc.