8 Best Chromebook under 300 Consumer Guides 2023 [Reviews]
One good reason why you should invest in a Chromebook is that it stores data in the cloud and not in the machine itself. This saves a huge amount of space as well as making sure your files and documents are very secure. Cloud storage also allows you to access your files and documents anywhere, anytime. A Chromebook uses Linux-based Chrome OS as its operating system. It is, therefore, safe to say that this device is very easy to operate. Because of their advanced features, Chromebooks are pretty expensive. But again, some models are good yet not costly. Those are the ones we have talked about in these Consumer Guide.
1. Lenovo 80QN0009US Ideapad 100s Chromebook
All you need to transfer movies, photos, or files across Lenovo 80QN009US 100s Chromebook is the press of a button. The Chromebook is designed to connect easily to all your Google devices. It boasts a boot time that is as fast as 7 seconds not to mention being loaded with several useful Google apps. Some of these apps are Google Maps, YouTube, and Gmail.
Moreover, this Chromebook provides you with access to thousands more apps, including those that will help you in the classroom and beyond. The 100s Chromebook weighs just 2.64 pounds and measures .78 inches thin. This light and thin design is normally seen in expensive laptops, but that is not the case with this gadget. The lightweight construction makes the Chromebook easy to carry for on-the-go use. Furthermore, this device is built with reinforced corners, hinges, and ports. It is very robust, and, therefore, will stand the test of time.
- 802.11A/C Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to connect effortlessly from various locations
- 34Whr 6-cell integrated battery lasts up to 8 hours on a single charge
- Google Drive built-in ensures your important photos and files are automatically backed up
- Auto-updates ensure your technology is always up-to-date
2. Dell 3120 XDGJH – CRM3120-333BLK 16GB SSD Chromebook
Dell 3120 XDGJH – CRM3120-333BLK is built to suit student life. It boasts unrivaled design and durability to make sure it easily withstands the rigors of everyday use. What’s more, this Chromebook is loaded with lots of innovative features. One of these is flexible viewing that makes the Chromebook very convenient to use. It has a 180-deg LCD hinge that allows it to lie flat not to mention minimizing stress on the lid.
In short, flexible viewing lets students adjust their screen with ease during group work. This Chromebook also features multi-colored lights, which signal to the teacher when students are online instead of taking part in the classroom activity at hand. Moreover, the Chromebook is equipped with front-facing speakers and dual-array microphones that make it easy to be heard and to hear. Plus the Chromebook will provide you with apps for everything to further make using it very convenient and fun.
- Rubberized LCD and base trim provide superior drop protection
- Fully sealed keyboard and touchpad offer the industry’s best protection against spills
- Touchscreen is scratch-resistant and made of Corning Gorilla Glass NBT
- Battery life is excellent and promotes impressive performance
3. ASUS 13.3 Inch C300MA Chromebook, Black
ASUS C300MA is available in lots of colors and not just black. These other colors are yellow, light blue, and red. They are vibrant colors that bring uniqueness as well as enhancing the visual look of the Chromebook. Like other models, ASUS C300MA has an excellent battery life that goes up to 10 hours when fully charged. Needless to say, you will enjoy unparalleled freedom with this Chromebook.
You should note, though, that battery life varies depending on the use and settings. With reliable battery life and highly advanced features, ASUS C300MA is exactly what you need to transform your living space into an online entertainment getaway. It comes equipped with an HDMI port that allows you to easily stream top-notch content to TV or a larger external display. It also has SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port that makes transferring files or charging phones a walk in the park.
- 13.3” 1366 * 768 HD display provides vivid HD image quality
- 802.11ac wireless offers up to 3X faster wireless speeds
- Spacious touchpad provides easy navigation and control
- TPM (Trusted Platform Module) security protects sensitive information
4. N&N 11.6 inch Refurbished chromebook laptops
N&N 11.6” Chromebook can handle power-hungry applications without any problems. It gives a surprisingly fast and smooth computing experience to make sure you enjoy each moment of using it. Well, the Chromebook is able to deliver such excellent performance because it is equipped with a 4GB RAM 16 GB SSD DDR3-1600-sdram system memory. It has a large memory that allows it to store up to 10,667 photos as well as 4,500 songs.
The large memory also stores HD videos and more. Everything that matters to you will always be there if you have this Chromebook. It is important to note that Google Chrome OS, Apps and Programs designed for Microsoft Windows are not compatible. The only compatible ones are apps and programs designed for Chrome. This Chromebook also has lots of external slots and ports for maximum convenience. These include a headphone/microphone jack, an HDMI port, 2 USB 3.1 ports, and more.
- Dual speakers provide immersive sound that you will highly appreciate
- Built-in cloud support makes it easy to save important files to your Google Drive account
- Compact size makes the Chromebook perfect for portable use
- Maximum resolution of 1366 * 768 provides ultra-clear images
5. Samsung XE310XBA-K02US 11.6” Chromebook
SAMSUNG XE310XBA-K02US is a secure and fast device that is built with portability in mind. With it, you will be able to play, stream, create, and work without any issues. It also allows you to save and download content and work with others via Google Suite. The Chromebook weighs 3 pounds only plus it is slim. What’s even better, the portable design does not come at the expense of storage capacity.
With storage of up to 64GB eMMC, this Chromebook allows you to store all important files and access them anytime you want. You will be able to effortlessly access the Google Play Store, Google Drive, and Google Docs, among others. This Chromebook also features Automatic updates that ensure you always have the latest when it comes to security protection. Additionally, the Chromebook comes with a full-sized trackpad and keyboard. Plus it has a high-performance 11.6-inch HD LED display that boasts a high resolution of 1366 * 768.
- Long-lasting battery life goes up to 12 hours on a single charge
- Several layers of built-in virus protection ensure malicious malware is kept at bay
- Military-grade durability enables the Chromebook to withstand drops and bumps
- Ultra-fast connectivity allows you to download and stream massive files within a cinch
6. Acer 11.6-Inch C720 -2103 2GB Chromebook
Speed, security, and simplicity are all features of Acer C720-2103. It is a member of the Acer C7 series, which is known to keep getting better and better. That is because it is constantly updated to meet the demands of Chromebook users. The device is powered by a 3-Cell Li-Polymer battery. Well, this 3950mAh battery provides up to 8-1/2 hours of power on a single charge. This is long enough to let you run various activities all day.
Whether you want to access your documents, videos, music, photos, etc or run your favorite Google apps, Acer C720-2103 is what you should go for. Best of all, it is designed in such a way that it can be used anywhere. It features Intel Celeron Processor 2955U; hence, expect it to work fast and efficiently. Additionally, this device’s operating system is Google Chrome. Other features are a USB 3.0 port, USB 2.0 port, Intel HD Graphics, 16GB SSD drive, and SD (Secure Digital) card reader.
- HD Webcam has a resolution of 1280 by 720 for ultra-clear image quality
- HDMI port features HDCP Support for maximum convenience
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology allows wireless transfer of files
- Two built-in speakers provide good quality audio
7. Toshiba 13.3 Inch 16GB CB35-B3340 Chromebook
If you value convenience then Toshiba CB35-B3340 should be a frontier for you. It comes ready to work and to play. It also comes ready to go. Its features and look will quickly remind you that it is a different type of computer that will help you get things done in no time. But it is not just work Toshiba CB35-B3340 is designed for. Also, it comes in handy for when all you want is to entertain yourself to the fullest.
Another reason why you should spend your hard-earned money on this Chromebook is that it starts in seconds and stays up-to-date on its own. It will not present you with complex things to learn in order to use it to the maximum. Needless to say, you will get it running right out of the box. In addition to working so well, Toshiba CB35-B3340 weighs 3 pounds only.
- Battery life goes up to 9 hours to further make the Chromebook portable
- Lightweight and sleek design gives the Chromebook a stunning look
- Intel Celeron processor gives excellent versatility and performance to make the demands of your day are met
- Latest dual-antenna 802.11ac Wi-Fi provides great connectivity as well as more speeds and coverage
8. HP 14-db0020nr 14-inch Laptop Chromebook (Chalkboard Gray)
Apart from Chalkboard Gray, HP 14-db0020nr is available in Snow White and Ink Blue colors. These colors are amazing and will leave everyone’s eyes glued to your Chromebook. In fact, some will gather courage and ask you where you got it from. HP 14-db0020nr is also built with the necessary features that enable it to work as imagined. It will provide you with power to not only work but also play throughout the day.
Well, one of the reasons why this Chromebook is extremely powerful is the processor. The AMD Dual-Core a4-9120 processor is powerful enough to enable the Chromebook to process information extremely fast. The Chromebook also boasts 4 GB DDR4-1866 SDRAM, which, although is not upgradable, still works great to enhance the general performance of HP 14-db0020nr. The dimensions of the Chromebook are 13.27 inches wide by 8.93 inches deep by 0.72 inches high and the weight is 3.40 lbs.
- 14” diagonal HD backlit display has anti-glare and a resolution of 1366 by 768
- Dual speakers provide you with immersive sound for maximum satisfaction
- Flexible hinge allows up to 180-degree rotation, thereby, promoting unrivaled convenience
- Battery life is up to 9 hours and 15 minutes
Guide to Buying the Best Cheap Chromebook
If you want to get a cheap yet high-performance Chromebook that will deliver beyond your expectations then knowing the factors to consider when buying a Chromebook is crucial. So, without further ado, here are the things to know before purchasing this piece of electronic equipment.
Features in Chromebooks vary from one model to another. This is because different devices are produced in different periods and by different manufacturers. Buying a Chromebook loaded with advanced features is a nice move because a device like this will provide you with unrivaled performance let alone making your work easier.
Some Chromebooks have screen sizes of 11 inches or less while the screen sizes of others can be more than 14 inches. Chromebooks with large screen sizes provide wonderful viewing but also they can be pretty hard to carry around. With that said, choose a Chromebook that will meet your needs. For instance, if you plan to use your device on the go, choose a compact unit that you can easily fit in a case.
Your Chromebook should not just have a decently-sized screen but also it should have a display with a reasonable resolution. Although the resolution of most cheap Chromebooks may not be as good as that of their costly counterparts, you can still get a model with a good resolution. And a good resolution here is something around 1366 x 768.
Just because you are on a budget does not mean you end up with a poorly structured Chromebook. The market today has lots of good Chromebooks that are within an affordable range. Plus most of these Chromebooks are products of companies you have grown to love such as Samsung, HP, Asus, Acer, Dell, etc.