10 Best Deadbolt Locks Consumer Guides 2023 [Reviews]
Deadbolt locks are a nice purchase for someone fed up with losing their keys. They also come in handy for when your hands are engaged yet you have to open the door. Moreover, deadbolt locks are suitable for a home with the elderly and kids. You can issue them with various user codes so they can access the house effortlessly in case you are not around. In these Consumer Guide, we provide you with reviews of these locks.
Best Deadbolt Locks – [Reviews & Buying Guide]
1. Tacklife Nickel-EKPL1A Keypad Electronic Deadbolt Door Lock
Installing Tacklife Nickel-EKPL1A is an extremely easy job that takes only a few minutes. All you need is a screwdriver and you are good to go. During setup, you should start by installing the bolt, followed by installing the touchscreen. After that, install the backplate. Connect the cable in step 4 and, in step 5, secure the lock to the door. Finally, install the batteries and cover.
When you buy Tacklife Nickel-EKPL1A, you get a strike for deadbolt latch, a spring latch and 2 cylinders, a deadbolt latch and a protect card, an interior knob and a user manual, a grip and 2 keys, and a digital deadbolt and a template. You should note that a drive collar is not included.
- Satin Nickel finish creates a wonderful visual impression
- Automatic lock (optional) is activated after 10 – 99 seconds
- 6 user codes in 4 – 10 digits for easy customization
- Low-battery indication promotes maximum convenience
2. Berlin Modisch Square Single Cylinder Deadbolt Lock
The iron black finish of the Berlin Modisch Deadbolt improves its lifespan as well as enabling it to blend nicely with any door décor. The deadbolt is also square-styled to further improve its aesthetics wherever it is installed. Square-styled craftsmanship also ensures this deadbolt takes as little space as possible. Given its looks and how it is made, the deadbolt can be used both for contemporary and modern purposes.
Plus you can install it in both residential interior and exterior doors. It comes with a special corner striker that makes it convenient to use. The square corner striker, on the other hand, comes with a latch box to further promote convenience. Two keys for the lock and a diagram template for installation are included as well.
- Reversible design allows you to install the deadbolt on both right and left-hand doors
- Clear powder coat finish greatly improves the lifespan of the door
- Adjustable Latch fits all standard door preparations
- Heavy-duty build quality makes the deadbolt perfect for residential and commercial applications
3. EASILOK Keyless Twist to Lock deadbolt Lock
EASILOCK Keyless Deadbolt is so easy to install that the whole exercise can be started and finished by a 7-year old. The only tool needed is a screwdriver. You should also download the manufacturer’s template so you do not have any issues as far as installing this lock is concerned. Once installed, the door lock is extremely easy and gentle to open.
Needless to say, it is a perfect addition to a home with kids or the elderly. The lock has no painting, e-plating, or oil. It is of stunning quality and will no doubt last longer than expected. The lock is also made with eco-friendly materials that make it easier to recycle. It is available in single, twin, triplet, and quadruplet versions.
- 304 stainless steel casting makes the lock resistant to fading, corrosion, and rusting
- Lathe surface finish gives the lock an elegant look
- Built-in bearing makes opening and locking the deadbolt a breeze
- Round design enables the deadbolt to fit in many different types of doors perfectly
4. Rulart Double Cylinder Deadbolt Keyed on Both Sides
Rulart Keyed on Both Sides Deadbolt is like other locks in the sense that it is very easy to install. All you need is a screwdriver and you will be able to install it in just a few minutes. You will be able to save time and money; thanks to the easy installation process. To avoid inconveniences during installation, it is important that you confirm the size before purchase.
The lock measures 4.45 by 5.89 by 2.56 inches. It is well sized and will not take up much space on your door. The lock comes in two different styles, which are Single cylinder and Double cylinder. What’s more, this lock functions perfectly after it is set up. To lock or unlock it, simply turn the inner or outer key.
- Anti-collision and anti-pry function enables the lock to provide unrivaled security
- Stainless steel 304 material will not deform or rust
- Heavy-duty interior is made of solid metal
- Beautiful styling gives the lock a stunning look
5. Orangeiot Keyless Entry Deadbolt Lock
Orangeiot Keyless Deadbolt is a nice purchase for someone fed up with fumbling with keys every time they want to access their home. It offers effortless key-free access to home; thanks to its numerous advanced features. The convenience this deadbolt provides does not stop there. With it, you can give access code to your pet sitter so they can access your home while you are out of town.
Overall, you can issue up to 20 user codes. These codes are very easy to remember and, therefore, can be given to kids and the elderly. Installing the lock is so easy you will not need to hire a locksmith. The lock comes with an instructional video and detailed manual to make DIY installation a cakewalk.
- Highly responsive keypad is illuminated for maximum convenience
- One-touch motorized locking gives you peace of mind knowing that your door is locked when you left
- Automatic lock does its job after 10 – 99 seconds
- IP54 weather resistance enables the lock to stand the test of time
6. Aibocn Smart Lock Electronic Keypad Deadbolt Lock
A short installation video comes with the Aibocn Keypad Deadbolt to help make installation quick and easy. You can use a Phillips screwdriver to carry out the installation. No locksmith or wiring is needed during installation, and this means you will save money and time. The lock is ideal for homes with children and the elderly.
It is also suitable for rental apartments and large hotels. Well, the versatility of this lock is mainly promoted by the fact that it allows you to unlock it in many different ways. These include unlocking by a Smart IC Card, Passcode, and Advanced 360-degree Fingerprint. These several ways to unlock this keypad lock will give you peace of mind knowing that even if you forget passcode, you will still be able to access your home.
- Sliding lock design enables the deadbolt to lock the door automatically
- OLED light is woken up when you touch the digital touchscreen
- Waterproof body prevents the lock from rusting as a result of exposure to elements
- Emergency power interface comes in handy when the batteries powering the lock are dead
7. Kwikset Powerbolt 2 Single Cylinder Deadbolt (99070-103)
Kwikset 99070-103 comes with Powerbolt 2 interior, a couple of standard keys, a user manual, installation instructions, mounting hardware, a strike plate, and a latch. It comes complete so you can have an easy time setting it up and using it. Moreover, Kwikset 99070-103 is covered by a lifetime mechanical and finish warranty as well as a 1-year electronics warranty.
It is crucial to note that the lock needs 4 batteries (not included) to work. It measures 3.74 by 5.59 by 7.87 inches. It is compactly sized so it can look nice on your door after installation. What’s even better, compact sizing does not compromise the performance of this lock in any way. The deadbolt can be unlocked or locked with the key or keypad from the outside and by turning the button from the inside.
- Auto lock lets you lock the door with one touch only
- User codes can be programmed up to 6 individual codes for friends, family, etc
- Venetian Bronze finish is hand rubbed so it can reveal unique bronze highlights
- Backlit exterior keypad increases visibility at night
8. Schlage BE469 CAM 619 Z-Wave Touchscreen Deadbolt
What makes Schlage BE469 CAM 619 a nice purchase is that it works with Alexa. This means you can easily operate it via voice control. You should note that Alexa is sold separately. You should also note that hub is required for the deadbolt to work with Alexa. Hub is sold separately as well.
Schlage BE469 CAM 619 is particularly important for when you are an outdoor enthusiast and looking for someone to take care of your pet while you are away. It is also suitable for a busy family as well as a homeowner looking to reduce costs and the hassle that comes with having to replace locks and keys every time a new tenant comes in. The deadbolt comes with a back-up key, 4 AA batteries, installation instructions, and a user guide.
- Z-Wave Technology allows you to unlock or lock your door remotely via a smartphone or web
- Built-in alarm technology has 3 alert modes and communicates potential security threats
- Illuminated touchscreen is fingerprint and smudge-resistant
- Battery powered eliminates the need for wiring during installation
9. Hugolog Entry Deadbolt Door Locks with Keypads
Complicated installation is not something to worry about when you have the Hugolog Deadbolt Lock. It is very simple to install and to program. Needless to say, you will be using this lock a few minutes after purchase. It needs 4 AA batteries; meaning you will not have to deal with wires. The lock is compatible with door thickness ranging from 1.38 inches to 1.97 inches.
The code length, on the other hand, is 4 – 10 digits, while the code capacity includes a master code, 20 user codes, and a one-time pin code. There is a limit to wrong entry to further maximize security. Also, this lock boasts a silent mode for when you find the alarm system bothersome.
- Emergency power backup ensures the lock keeps working even when batteries are dead
- Convenient design enables the lock to work both on right and left-hand doors
- Anti peeping password ensures no one can steal your password
- Backlit keypad allows you to easily operate the lock at night
10. Gobrico 2 Keyed Alike Double Cylinder Deadbolt Locks
Installing Gobrico 2 Keyed Locks is incredibly easy since a Phillips screwdriver is all you need. You also get all the accessories to ensure smooth operation. There is a latch, a strike plate, installation instructions, screws, and keys. Once installed, these deadbolts will provide you with maximum security, which, in turn, brings peace of mind.
They can be installed on the doors of a residential home or on the doors of an office. The manufacturer believes in their performance and provides a refund or replacement in case you have an issue with them. Furthermore, these deadbolts come in different quantities and colors.
- Adjustable latch fits all standard doors
- Stainless steel construction is high quality and will not rust or deform
- ANSI certification shows deadbolts meet standards for residential security
- Oil rubbed bronze finish improves aesthetics and durability
Guide to Choosing a Good Deadbolt Lock
Since there are innumerable number of locks in the market, it is important to first check the crucial factors that determine whether a lock is a good one. Well, here are some of these factors.
Although most deadbolt locks work with all standard doors, it is still a good idea to check the door compatibility of the lock you are about to buy. This will help you settle on a convenient model, which is very easy to install and provides comprehensive security.
Do not focus too much on the security technology of the lock you are set to buy to the extent that you forget to check if it is well made. A solidly constructed lock is a wonderful purchase because it easily withstands elements. It will not rust or fade over time.
Code Length & Code Capacity
A good deadbolt lock should have a code length ranging from four to ten digits. It should have a code capacity that includes a master code, a one-time pin code, and user codes. These enable it to provide unrivaled security.
Deadbolt locks are designed to make your home inaccessible to strangers. Unlike conventional locks, a deadbolt lock is convenient to use and thieves or bad-minded individuals literally have zero chances of breaking it and accessing your home illegally.