10 Best Gas Logs Consumer Guides 2023 [Reviews]
Natural wood logs are the go-to materials for most people who want to keep their homes warm during winter. However, that is about to change because these logs seem to do more harm than good. Apart from depleting the environment, natural wood logs tend to produce soot, which can sometimes prove difficult to clean. But if we are getting rid of these logs, what do we replace them with? Well, here is where a gas log comes in handy. And in these Consumer Guide, we have made a list of these products.
Best Gas Logs – [Reviews & Buying Guide]
1. Hisencn Gas Fireplace Logs, 10 Piece
Hisencn Gas Fireplace Logs works with all types of fireplaces, including outdoor gas fireplace, indoor gas fireplace, vented gas fireplace, natural gas, zero clearance, propane fireplaces, electric fireplace inserts, fake fireplaces, direct vent, and more. Unlike real logs that produce ash, residue, and carbon dioxide, these gas fireplace logs burn clean.
They do not produce ash and toxic fumes; hence, you can have them burning even when the windows and all other ventilations are closed. With them you will always have peace of mind knowing that your family is safe. The set includes 10 logs that are all large in size. What’s more, this set is available in another version too, which is white birch wood. Plus these logs can be used as decorations.
- The length of logs ranges from 7.7 inches to 14.6 inches
- Different sizes and shape allow you to arrange logs in your own way
- Made of ceramic wood and look exactly like real wood logs
- Ceramic stores and releases heat to keep the house constantly warm
2. Peterson Real Fyre Charred Oak Stack Gas Logs
Peterson Real Fyre Gas Logs are a nice purchase for those yearning for a long burning fire. These gas logs are well made and will play a massive role in keeping your house warm during winter. They have a beautiful display as well as wonderful flame presentation that make them crucial for creating magic memories and moments.
Moreover, these fireplace logs are designed in such a way that they work with commonly available fire pit ring burners. It is important to note that when using these fireplace logs, you should leave a minimum clearance of 3 inches to 6 inches from the edge of logs to the wall of fire pit. You should also note that the log set has 7 pieces, and it does not come with a burner system.
- Intricate bark detail makes logs appear real
- Natural coloration of deeply charred wood
- Designed to work with vented log systems
- Efficient design helps protect and preserve natural resources
3. ATR ART TO REAL Set of 5 Gas Fireplace Logs
ATR ART TO REAL Gas Fireplace Log Set can withstand temperatures of 1000 degrees Celsius. It includes 5 pieces of logs, and it is reasonably priced. That being said, if you hate seeing your fireplace bare and you do not want to spend much on gas logs, this set should be a frontier for you.
It has a net weight of 1.6 pounds; hence, it is very easy to store after use. Additionally, the logs in this set are nicely sized and measure 16 by 4 by 3 inches, 15 by 4 by 2 inches, 11 by 3 by 2 inches, 12 by 3 by 2 inches, and 10 by 3 by 2 inches. The set creates a realistic flame effect and burns clean to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Ceramic fiber brilliantly emits the heat from the fire
- Large-sized logs fit fire pits and fireplaces nicely
- Versatile functionality makes the set suitable for ventless, propane, vented, gas, electric, etc
- Orange/red hot spots are produced when logs are burning to create a realistic effect
4. 3GPlus Birch Ceramic Wood Logs Sets, 5 Pieces
One good reason why you should use the 3GPlus Wood Log Set is that it does not pollute air or the environment at large. It includes logs that burn clean without producing any residue or ash. It is a nice and convenient way to keep your fireplace or firepit busy and neat at the same time. The logs included in this set are of different sizes to create a natural effect of wood.
These sizes are 16.3 inches (1), 14.5 inches (1), and 8.5 inches (3). The set is covered by a 1-year warranty to make sure you are assisted accordingly in case you have any issues with yours. Logs cool quickly to keep you and your family safe. If you have a large fireplace, you can go for the 10pc version of this set.
- Made from premium ceramic fiber to create a realistic effect
- Logs are meticulously crafted to imitate the true beauty of nature
- Versatile design makes the set perfect for most types of fireplaces
- Birch beautiful craftsmanship enables the set to add a modern look to the living room
5. RunTo Small Decoration Ceramic Wood Gas Fireplace Logs
What makes RunTo Gas Fireplace Logs unique is the fact that it does not just come with wood – it also comes with Vermiculite Granules, pine corn, and bonus rock wool. Vermiculite Granules weigh 2 ounces and bonus rock wool weighs 3 ounces. Pine corns are 3 and logs are 7. Needless to say, you get all the essentials when you buy this set.
What’s even better, the price point of the set is modest despite coming with so many different pieces. The logs are of different sizes from 3 inches to 8 inches. Three of these logs are 8 inches, two are 7 inches, and the other two are 3 inches. The thickness of the logs is roughly 1-1/2 to 2 inches.
- Logs are made of ceramic to add realism to the fireplace
- Versatile craftsmanship makes the set ideal for all types of fireplace
- Orange/red hot spots further bring a realistic effect
- Logs are decently sized to fit fire pits and fireplaces beautifully
6. Goplus 10PCS Ceramic Wood Gas Fireplace Logs
The dimensions of the logs in the Goplus Gas Fireplace Log Set range from 10 inches to 16 inches. Logs are generously sized to provide you with exceptional results. Better yet, the price point of this set is within an affordable range despite coming with up to 10 pieces. Logs burn clean and are safe and harmless.
They will not pollute the environment or release residue or ash into the air. Logs also cool quickly and do not retain heat for a long time. This further makes them safe to use. Moreover, these logs are covered by a 100-percent risk-free guarantee for hassle-free buying. The set weighs 6.2 pounds, and this is a sign that it is of good quality.
- Versatile functionality makes the set ideal for all kinds of fireplaces
- Logs have the color of wood to make them look real
- Logs are of different shapes and sizes to ensure your fireplace does not look bare
- Made of top-notch ceramic fiber
7. Mr. Ton Ceramic Wood Gas Fireplace Logs
Mr. Ton Gas Fireplace Log Set includes 5 pieces of large logs. Two of these logs measure 8 inches, while the other three measure 16 inches, 15 inches, and 9 inches. Logs are nicely made and well sized to allow you to stack them up with ease.
The price of this set is a bit on the high side, but this does not matter because you get what you pay for in this case. Logs burn wonderfully without producing any smoke or smell. They also do not produce toxic fumes, odor, or soot. Furthermore, the logs in this set works with all types of outdoor and indoor firepits.
- White birch appearance makes the log a nice decorative set
- Thoughtful design will not scuff or scratch the surface of the fireplace
- Made of first-class ceramic fibers
- Heat-resistant design enables the logs to last longer
8. Mudder Ceramic Fiber Wood Gas Fireplace Logs
The wide application of Mudder Ceramic Fiber Gas Logs makes it a nice purchase for someone looking to keep their homes warm during cold winter seasons. Logs work with ventless gas fireplaces, firepits, outdoor gas fireplaces, gel fireplaces, vent-free fireplaces, ethanol fireplaces, and more.
The set includes 10 pieces of logs and cones. Logs are of different sizes and shapes to give a realistic experience, especially when burning. They measure 9 inches, 8.5 inches, 8 inches, and 7 inches. Cones, on the other hand, are 3 inches. In total, the set has 3 cones that make it complete.
- Made of ceramic fiber so they can look just like real logs
- Orange, red hot spots give logs a realistic look when burning
- Well-thought-out design ensures logs do not scuff or scratch the surface of the fireplace
- Durable and safe design makes the set ideal for home with kids and pets
9. QuliMetal Gas Fireplace Logs Set, 10 Pcs
No toxic will get into the air you breathe when you have the QuliMetal 10Pcs Fireplace Log Set. The set includes fake logs, which do not produce carbon dioxide or release ash into the air. Also, there is no residue when it comes to this set.
Logs burn clean without polluting the air or environment with debris and soot. Plus they cool quickly to make sure the safety of your kids and pets is not compromised. Moreover, these logs can be used to complement lava rocks, glowing embers, fire starters, crackle flame firelogs, and current gas logs. The set has up to 10 pieces of logs with lengths ranging from 7.7 inches to 14.6 inches.
- Differently sized logs can be arranged in any way
- Meticulous hand-painting makes logs look like natural wood
- Made of ceramic to reflect and store heat
- Durable design holds up well to extreme temperatures
10. Barton Fireplace Decoration Ceramic Logs Set, 8-Piece
What most people like about the Barton Ceramic Log Set is that it comes in many different colors. These are Ash Style, Realistic Style, Pine Style, and Birch Style. The many different colors make it easy to settle on what goes with your taste and blends with the décor of your living room or bedroom.
The set includes 8 pieces of logs that can be arranged depending on your needs. You can stack the logs in an orderly manner or place them randomly to imitate nature. What’s more, this set is perfect for all types of fireplace. You can use it with a vented gas fireplace, propane fireplace, electric fireplace inserts, direct vent, etc.
- Logs are made of ceramic to look real
- Safe construction ensures no production of toxic fumes
- Logs are nicely sized to makes sure they do not leave the fireplace bare
- Versatile functionality allows you to use the set as a complement piece
Guide to Buying a Nice Gas Log
Before you buy a gas log, make sure you have the factors below in mind. They will guide you and help you settle on a good log brand without breaking a sweat. Well, let’s check them out.
The Materials Used for Construction
Most high-quality fake logs are made of ceramic. And this is because ceramic gives these logs a natural look. It makes them burn like real wood logs with orange, red hot spots. Ceramic is also durable, and, therefore, enables logs to hold up well to high temperatures as well as to stand the test of time.
Number of Pieces
We bet you have seen in the reviews above that different sets include different numbers of pieces. Some sets come with just 5 or less logs, whereas others come with 10 or more logs. Well, the size/capacity of your fireplace should determine the number of pieces you go for.
For maximum convenience, it is advisable that you settle on a log set that works with all types of fireplaces. In other words, the log set you are going for should work with a vented gas fireplace, vent-free fireplace, propane fireplace, direct vent, and more.
Natural wood logs do a good job of keeping the house warm. However, they have a number of crucial drawbacks that make using them a real concern. It is because of this we advise that you use a gas log. It is durable, easy to use, and promotes convenience.